Saturday, December 26, 2009

What preperation is needed before powder coating auto parts?

I am going to have my frame, engine, and some other parts powder coated and am looking to find out what preparation I can do to lessen the end cost of the service. What do I need to do?What preperation is needed before powder coating auto parts?
ask the power coating company that you are going to use. if you are going to do the whole thing yourself, you should look to the websites for the manufacturers and see what their instructions are.





But, here is what I think





1) no rust or dirt


2) totally cleaned with an evaporating solventWhat preperation is needed before powder coating auto parts?
Most powder coating operations include an acid dip to do a thorough cleaning so I would just make sure there is no corrosion or bonded containment.


http://www.DetailingGurus.com/
  • cover girl
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment