Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How durable is DIY powder coating from this machine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Powde鈥?/a>How durable is DIY powder coating from this machine?
I suspect it's durable enough, from the description, but they're not showing you the whole process. You also have to have an oven big enough to hold what you just sprayed and to bake it. I suspect you might have to sandblast the piece first, too. I read how to do this at home in a hot rod magazine years ago, so I think it's within the realm of do-ability. They said the powder coating really stunk, and to do it outdoors in a used oven bought just for the purpose. It didn't sound especially pleasant to me, but the results were said to be professional.How durable is DIY powder coating from this machine?
After reading up on this, it falls under the heading...';You get what you pay for';!!

No comments:

Post a Comment