Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Protecting iron railings from rusting - should I powder coat?

Does anyone have powder coated railings? It's an expensive process; do you recommend it? And what is the expected durability and risk of rusting?Protecting iron railings from rusting - should I powder coat?
Powder coating isn't too expensive and it is a very durable finish. Should last years longer than paint.Protecting iron railings from rusting - should I powder coat?
Zinc coat may be more cost effective.
yes, you should.
I have used this product and would recommend it for railing. It contains glass particles and therefore gives an added protection to the surface and can be painted over rust. I have always brushed and rolled it onto railing using a wienie (mini) roller. It is a different kind of product to work with though and could require a little trial and error:





Hammerite RustCap


http://www.paintpro.net/All_Access/503/P鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment