Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I am going to get my rims powder coated and will I need to jack my car for a week, is that bad?

It will take about a week to 11 days to get my rims powder coated and am storing my car in my garage. I was planning on having a friend over and help me put it on jacks. Is that okay for the car or should I put it on blocks?I am going to get my rims powder coated and will I need to jack my car for a week, is that bad?
Jack stands would be the safest way. You can find pairs or sets of four at most WalMarts or large auto parts stores like Pep Boys.





Make sure you place them in the areas designed for ground supporting the vehicle.I am going to get my rims powder coated and will I need to jack my car for a week, is that bad?
jack stands are fine.
It does't matter as long as you can do it safely, and what you srand the car on can take the weight.


I stress SAFELY.
jack stands are your best bet
Just mount it on jackstands and you will be fine. On a totally unrelated note, why is it taking that long to get them powdercoated? I run a collision center and we have a wheel repair company that also does custom work on rims. They always have them back to us within 48 hours no matter what we want done.
Jack stands will work the best. Just make sure you place them in the right spots. For a unibody car, there should be hardpoints for jack stands (see the owner's manual). For a body on frame car, just place the jacks under the frame itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment