Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Filler metal that can be powder coated?

I have an aluminum engine cover that I am going to have powder coated, however, it has a couple holes in it I would like to fill in. The holes on this thing are pretty unsightly. I would like to know what I can use to fill these ugly holes and still allow my part to be powder coated.





I have also heard JB weld will not work with powder coating.Filler metal that can be powder coated?
No, your best best is to just weld it. a good weld and grind and it'll look like new. If your not a welder, a local shop can probably do something like that cheaper that you'd imagineFiller metal that can be powder coated?
Here's a material I know that you can use to weld/ fill the holes using a hand torch. Then just file or grind flush and sand smooth. FYI, some folks in my area sand them through several grits of sand paper and scotch-brite to a high-polish, then anodize them for a really nice look.





http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/cb/cb.a鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment